Extravagant Doily

Untitled

In doily withdrawal?  Well, suffer no longer.  This is the Extravagant Doily which I made my sister for her birthday.

Untitled

The Extravagant Doily pattern is from Leisure Arts-Extra-Special Doilies, and you can check out the Ravelry pattern page for it here.  The doily book has several patterns with names like "Excellent," "Exceptional," and "Exquisite..."  How can you pass up a book with such alliterative fun?!  Answer- you can't.

Untitled

It was a fun doily in that there were a lot of front post and back post stitches which created great texture.  It might not be a great pattern for a beginner, but the different stitches made for an interesting and out of the ordinary make!

Do you have anything Exciting on your hook?

Comments

  1. That really is some intricate doily! Great workmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very beautiful!! Lovely pattern!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Debi!!
      Hope you're having a great week!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  4. A beautiful gift that certainly was pleasing.
    Bye, bye Elli

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic!! I love doilies and lace and this one is a show stopper! Plus the color is brilliant! Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm glad I'm not alone in my love of doilies!!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  6. Holy moly! This one is beautiful! So intricate. I'm sure your sister loves it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts