Mother's Day Necklace

Untitled
For Mother's Day I made my mom a necklace!  I love it, and more importantly, so does she!  And didn't she find the perfectly matching outfit?!

Untitled
I got the wooden beads at the craft store and painted them with acrylic paint.  I found it easier to paint each bead by putting it on the handle end of a paintbrush (since the are usually tapered it won't slide all the way down the paint brush), and held the paint brush to paint the bead. Does that make sense?  I should have taken pictures of that step!  After several coats of paint I finished it with two coats of artist's varnish to give it a nice satin finish!

Untitled
At the craft store I also got some leather cord, clasps, and coil ends.  I cut my cord to about 18 inches, glued on the coil ends, attached my clasp and I had a necklace!

I've been wanting to try a wooden beaded necklace for awhile, especially after seeing Carly's (from Crafted by Carly) and Erica's (from Caught On A Whim)!  I have some more beads, perhaps I'll have to make some more!

Comments

  1. What a wonderful necklace for your Mum on Mother's Day! She is indeed wearing the perfect colours that go with it so beautifully. Well done for your lovely creation. I like the satin finish and the way the beads complement each other in colour and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely necklace! And it matches perfectly what your mum is wearing...
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it!!! And check you out, so thoughtfully matching it to an outfit! :-)
    I'm not surprised your mum loved it!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mother must be smitten with it! It does go so well with her outfit! I really like the color blocking you did with the paint. It really adds some personality to the beads. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts