Beautiful Birthday Surprises!

Untitled

I got an amazing birthday (my birthday was back here on Feb. 2nd)  present in the mail all the way from Jakarta from my friend Alessandra from homemade@myplace!  She totally spoiled me!

Untitled

She made me this super colorful and fun crocheted heart garland that I'm going to put up in my room to brighten it up!  Love that orange!! And the fluffy pom poms!  (These pictures don't do it justice... I was just too excited and took pictures right away!)

Untitled

Some of you may recognize that the hearts are made from Jacquie's Sunburst Granny Hearts Pattern!  I just love how small and connected the crochet blog community is!

Untitled

And if that garland wasn't enough, Alessandra also gave me TWO Japanese crochet books since she knows I love doilies!!  They're beautiful, and I can't wait to make something from them!!  I was totally blown away and really touched by how much she did for me.

When I started this blog I really had no idea how many great friends I'd make from all over the world!  At first it felt like I had two separate worlds going on: the real world and the online world... But the longer I blogged, the more I got to know people, and now I have little things from my friends that I see everyday in the "real world," (like this garland now, and my owl keychain from Carly...), that make me smile and remind me that the two worlds aren't mutually exclusive.

Anyways, this birthday present was so incredibly thoughtful.  I still can't get over it.  Thank you, thank you, thank you Alessandra!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Welcome, welcome, welcome Kate!!!!
    You are right : it seems that 2 parallel worlds exist (the real one and Blogland), but seeing these photos I know that it is only one!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garland looks very cute and colorful.

    It is good and heartwarming to be part of such an amazing community, I hope someday to be part of it, I am very new in blogland , but I hope step by step I will get there :)

    Have a nice time!

    Lluisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a bad bloggy friend: I didn't know it was your birthday! So: happy birthday! :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great garland for your birthday (on Ground Hog Day!!!) Those Japanese crochet books look beautiful. Don't forget to show us what you make from them!
    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely gifts :-) I agree; the blog world and the "real" world are often one and the same. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, HaPpY BiRtHdAy Kate!!!! The garland is beautiful. Alessandra has such a knack for using bright fun colors.

    I can't wait to see your Japanese doilies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts