Crocheted Vases

Untitled

The crocheted vases for my aunt are done!  I had quite a few projects going at once, and now a couple of them are finished or close.  I finally feel like I'm making some progress!

Untitled

For the crochet specifics, I used Aunt Lydia's size 3 thread with a D hook, and improvised the designs as I went to fit the vase.  In the past I've crocheted over jars which got narrower to the top, so I could just crochet a bit tighter to hold it in place.  But with these it got a little tricky at the top because the vase gets slightly larger.  So to prevent the thread from sliding down at the top I put a few dabs of hot glue which worked perfectly!

Untitled

They were quite easy and fun to do, but I must say, they were a bugger to photograph!  I still don't feel like the pictures are true to life and the pictures make them look a little wonky in places...  But whatchyagonnado?

Untitled

I think they turned out cute, and now I'm off to block a doily!  I'm crossing things off my To Make list left and right!

Comments

  1. Don't be silly, the photography looks amazing! As do the vases :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect colors.. And very cute vases.. Ohh your aunt is so so lucky...:))
    All best wishes..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I see lots more orders for these in your future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! Not the least bit wonky looking. Great job!
    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're very kind! It seems the pictures came out better than I thought!

      Delete
  5. pretty sure i'm gonna steal the yellow or purple from her :D haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty sure i'm gonna steal the yellow or purple from her :D haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just great, what a brilliant thing to make. must have a go.x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts