The Reveal: Half Circle Pillows!


I was recently asked by Online Fabric Store if I wanted to do a project with a new craft pillow form from their site, and then post about it.  I thought "how fun?!"  So I chose their 20 inch half circle down pillow form because of its interesting and potentially challenging shape.
 

When it came in the mail (it shipped fast!), I was surprised at how nice it felt; it's 95% goose feather and 5% goose down!  Then I was left with "ok, what do I make?"  My first idea was to make a solid crochet cover and just play with the colors.  So I made this one and liked it, but then, being inspired by the circle afghan I was working on, wanted to try coming up with my own granny triangle/circle pattern.  After much trial and error....


I came up with this!  I'm really happy with it!!  And because I couldn't decide on how I wanted to do the colors with this pattern, I made the back a little different....


It's like two pillows in one!  And want to know something more exciting?  I took a ton of pictures as I made both pillow covers (the solid and the granny triangle/circle), and am going to post tutorials soon!  In the meantime, my pillow is going to be looking pretty darn good on my bed!

Comments

  1. Beautiful pillow..I made half circle purse..with a same design.this one also looks so beautiful..Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!!
    Strangely enough, I had looked around shops here to see if I could find that shape cushion, so good to know it exists somewhere as I couldn't find one here!!
    I love what you've done with it, so colourful and amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wicked shape that is. LOVE what you did - I actually like both designs. Look forward to the tut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very exciting that they approached you to do something for them!!! Congratulations on that!!! And congratulations on such a fabulous make, Kate!!! It's gorgeous!!!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go! i love all the different looks you made, especially the granny triangles. your bed looks really coordinated with that pillow tying it altogether :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. What a fun new shape and idea. And the colors of yarn of course are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! The colors and the grannies. I need a pillow like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts