My Fall Therapy Scarf


The end of summer always makes me a sad panda.  So I thought that if I made something exciting to wear for fall, I might be a little less sad that summer is gone...


I still had some leftover thread from the wedding crafts, and believe it or not, I'm still not sick of this thread.  Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Thread (size 10) is so incredibly soft, I love it.


I found this japanese pattern which called for fingering weight yarn and a 2.5mm hook... but I thought it had great lacy potential.  So I used the size 10 bamboo thread (a little over 1 skein) and a size F hook.


The stitches opened up beautifully when I blocked it out!


Fall is such a beautiful season... Maybe having some fun scarves will make getting used to the cooler temperatures a bit more bearable and fun!

Comments

  1. This is a lovely scarf! I would love to make something just like it, but am still looking for the perfect pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and looks even light enough to be a summer scarf. Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you are so clever! This looks gorgeous and just perfect for the slight drop in temperature.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf is just beautiful! I've already enlarged this chart and started a scarf too. You're an inpsiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, it is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I was just thinking about trying to crochet a few shawls since I love to wear "artsy" scarves. I have plenty of sock yarn in my stash from which to choose. LoL =D But I'm such a lace knitting flunky. =( I wonder if I will be the same with crochet ... ???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts